The Parish Council also works with many other authorities and community groups to improve the village in many aspects.
- 10-year Natural England Higher Level Stewardship grazing agreement continues with the clearing of several sections of Studland Common.
- Sixth year of contracted major Tree Survey programme undertaken to remove unwanted species from Pleasure Grounds and Common.
- Major revamp of Barnes Lane Recreational Pavilion costing 23k from Developers’ Contributions completed.
- Restoration project at Baskets Field completed, including new fencing, ditch work, water trough, hedge planting and hedge height reduction.
- Several new Fingerposts erected throughout the Village.
- Upgrade of footpaths, culverts, bridges ditches and revetments in the Pleasure Grounds.
- Clearing of scrub in the Pleasure Grounds to form sunny glades.
- Major repair works to play facilities at Carrington Lane and Sea Front Play Parks.
- Upgrading and repair of Cliff Top Benches.
- Planting started in the newly formed Community Orchard.
To read the full 2015/16 Report by The Parish Clerk click this link: Annual Report 2016
To read the 2015/16 audited accounts, click here
Here are some of the Parish Council’s key achievements from 2013 -14:
- Re-introduction of Keyhaven Forum to give both businesses and the community an opportunity to convey views to the Parish Council.
- 10-year Natural England Higher Level Stewardship grazing agreement commenced at Studland Common and Studland Meadow – new fences, gates, water supply and disabled access (March/ April 2013). Grassland restoration to 0.5 hectares of scrub. Click here to read more about this in our Studland Common Management Plan.
- Village Millennium Clock repaired and relocated to a lower position in the High Street at Collins & Butler Estate Agents.
- Community Support Grant of £600 given towards MiCO Banner Project on the village green
- 200m of woodland ditches cleared.
- Undertaken Sixth year of contracted major Tree Survey programme on all Parish Council owned land.
- First year of development of a Biodiversity Action Plan for Milford-on-Sea Conservation Volunteers.
- Commenced preparing area for Community Orchard at Studland Meadow.
- Emergency Review Group re-established to advise on safety.
- Parish Lengthsman Scheme introduced to undertake off-highway reports and maintenance.