Update from Wisteria/ Milford Surgery 20-3-20
OUR SURGERY PLANS & HOW THIS WILL AFFECT YOU
We have planned to move to a total triage system, we will have this in place by Monday 23rd March. This is to minimise face to face contact between patients and staff, limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and keep as many of our practice team well.
Access to the surgery premises will only be if you have been asked to do so and there will be clear arrangements discussed with you as to how we can safely do this.
This means that all requests for appointments will be passed to a doctor for assessment. You may find that we deal with your condition by phone, by video link, or we may ask you to come to the surgery. We will not be offering anything other than the same day appointments due to the large volume of calls we are dealing with.
We may have already contacted you to collect paperwork and prescriptions and we aim to complete this by Friday 20th March.
How can you help us?
- Please be a patient patient – our phone lines are very busy
- Do you have a condition that you can self-treat?
If you do then please try to do this with advice from either your pharmacist or from NHS online
- Do you simply need general advice?
If you do, can you call 111 for this?
- If you feel you need to see a doctor then please call us and we will discuss your needs
- Please help the receptionist by giving them as much information as possible and answer any questions they may have. This will help us prioritise calls and have the right clinician call you back.
- Do you have access to online services via our website to order to order your prescriptions? www.milfordmedicalcentre.com
- If not then you can download the NHS App. You do not need to come to the surgery to register to use this.
- Have you nominated a pharmacy for the transmission of electronic prescriptions? This will prevent the need for either you or pharmacy staff from coming to the surgery. The nomination of a pharmacy can be done via your online app or speaking to your pharmacist or GP surgery directly.
- You can e mail the practice at WHCCG.email@example.com
- If you cannot order your repeat prescription any other way then you may deliver this through the outside surgery letter box – this can be done without accessing the reception
- We will be updating our website, www.milfordmedicalcentre.com
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WistariaMilford/ and twitter regularly https://twitter.com/wistariamilford – please see our FAQs which may answer many of your questions.
We do anticipate staff shortages due to isolation and sickness and aim to continue to give you the best possible care at this difficult time and appreciate your continued support with this.